- Opening Ceremony: Meeting Opened at 6:10 PM by Commander LaPoint. Chaplin Saunders gave opening prayer. Pledge of Allegiance recited by all members present.
- Guests: None
- Roll Call of Officers:15 Present, 1 Absent (Surg)).
Cmdr, SVCmdr, JVCmdr, Qmst, Chap, Tr3, Tr2, Tr1, HC1, HC2, HC3, Surg, Serv, Adj, OD, JudgA
- Petitions For Membership: William Schoonmaker, Life member transfer for Leesville LA, Cuban Conflict. Jarvis Smith, Life Member transfer form Aniston. Shelly motion, Beam second and motion carried.
Distribution and reading highlights of previous minutes.
After adding that Stephen Connelly was a guest, the Minutes stand as read.
Quartermaster Report of Income and Disbursements
Copies distributed and discussed. As of yesterday (2018-04-09) we have $52,636.43 in the bank or or a $8,010.79 profit since the beginning of 2018. Comrade McBride brought up discussion on over $400 travel and lodging expense for the mid-winter. After trying to expain that 3 officer were required to attend meeting. Commander LaPoint gets reimbursed $85 for being District Commander and the post would reimburse him for the difference in expense. Motion made by Shelly, seconded by Saunders to accepted the report, subject to Audit.
- Comrade in Distress: Comrade Holland asked if anyone new the status of Comrades Parker and Coheley and report to the Chaplin.
- Committee Reports.
- Canteen and House Committee reports given by Chairman Shelly.
Waiting for estimates on the cost of remolding from several people. Have not visited ABC on changing license. Band is gone, not sure why they didn't attract a showing but they didn't. Still looking for band. Temporary having Karaoke on Saturday on a trail basis. We be reevaluated every month. Karaoke on Sunday is doing good. Serving food on Saturday and Sunday, averaging about $150 a week. Sign-up list will be passed around for volunteers to work dance door and to clean up halls and bathroom. Include auxiliary members. Mentioned supporting Patriots association fund raiser in their annual golf tournament. Will be brought up under new business. Just mentioned Vietnam Veterans day, a nationwide drive and has not been currently supported in the area. Looking for volunteers.
- Buddy Poppy Drive. We need people! Sign-up sheets will be on door
May 11, Atalla Walmart. May 12, All three Johnsons. May 19, Road block in front of mall. May 26, Road block on 77.
Reading of Official Communications:
General Order #10 highlights where read to membership and some items were brought up for discussion. Officers running for election make sure dues are paid and we have a DD 214 on those elected. State Convention is now Jun 7th through the 10th. Room rates $59. Registration and reservations by May 25th. Delegate need to be elected for National Convention.
- Unfinished Business:
- $712 left to finish floor where the old bathroom was located in the lounge.
- $1000 allocated to replace two doors in lounge.
- All-American sign purchased and waiting for better weather to install. Since talking of remodeling, hand sign inside for now.
- $500 allocated for Bingo equipment tabled for now.
- Past Commander/Presidents pictures removed form hall. Need to build collage in hallway to restore and archive.
- New Business:
- Shelly made motion to donate $230 ($350 registration/sign - $30 for each player) to the Patriots association Golf tournament, April 23rd. Motion seconded by Bozeman and carried.
- Shelly brought up that we form a committee to plan a Vietnam Veteran Appreciation Day. Motion made to establish committee by Shelly, seconded by Alex and carried. Committee will establish when it will be what we're going to do. Comrades Thornton, Holland, Alex, Sanders and Campbell tentatively volunteered for committee.
- Nomination and election of Post Officers 2018/2019:
- Commander: Ray Holland, Joyce Shelly and, Dave LaPoint nominated at previous meeting. Dave LaPoint withdrew his nomination. Paper ballot vote conducted and Trustee Plam declared Joyce Shelly as Commander(14/1).
- Senior Vice Commander: Johnny Holmes nominated at previous meeting. Dave LaPoint nominated by Alex. Paper ballot vote conducted and Trustee Plam declared Dave LaPoint as Senior Vice Commander (11/4).
- Junior Vice Commander: Danny Thornton nominated at previous meeting. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Danny Thornton for Junior Vice Commander.
- Quartermaster: Steve Alex nominated at previous meeting. Jimmy Bozeman nominated by Shelly. Steven Alex withdrew his with his nomination. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Jimmy Bozeman for Quartermaster.
- Chaplin: Maurice Sanders nominated at previous meeting. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Maurice Sanders for Chaplin.
- Trustee 3 year: Will Campbell nominated at previous meeting. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Will Campbell for Trustee 3 Year.
- Lorena Beam moved to Trustee 2 Year from 3 year.
- Andrew Plam nominated for Trustee 1 year to fill vacancy created by election. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Andrew Plam as Trustee 1 Year.
- House Committee 3 year: Joseph Harner nominated at previous meeting. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Joseph Harner for House Committe 3 Year.
- Steven Alex nominated for House Committee 2 year to fill vacancy created by election. Adjutant cast one unanimous vote for Steven Alex as House Committee 2 Year.
- Danny Thornton moved to House Committee 1 Year for 2 year.
- Surgeon: Kein Dehn appointed Surgeon by Commander Elect Shelly
- Judge Advocate: x appointed Surgeon by Commander Elect Shelly
- Good of the Order: (Nothing)
- Closing Ceremonies performed and meeting Adjourned by Commander LaPoint at 7:40 PM.